7.31.2010

Something I Like: The Temper Trap/One eskimO/Miniature Tigers

Alright, seeing as how it becomes harder and harder every week for me to find time to post an indie artist, I figured I'd triple up right now instead of sitting on these guys for another 3 months.  I still have a bunch more which I will either post here in the future or hear on Top 40 radio and regret my laziness.

I'll start with the most well known, The Temper Trap.  You've probably heard their most popular track, Sweet Disposition. If you're digging that nice laidback vibe, you'll enjoy their entire album, Conditions, which has probably been out for a while.



Second up is One eskimO, a band whose main gimmick is that they are animated, Gorillaz style. Unfortunately, the band members expose themselves way too much in real life, which kind of brings down the concept.  Regardless, their main song, Kandi, does a great job of sampling an old Candi Statton song, and their style, an amalgamation of Five For Fighting, Coldplay, and Maroon 5, is still nice to listen to. 



The third and final band for today is Miniature Tigers, who I discovered on thesixtyone about 5 or 6 months ago.  They've got that sound that can by now only described as cookie cutter indie, but the melodies and choruses are so infectious that you don't care.  They have two great albums already out, so pick those up.  Also, if there's anyone in the Houston area who knows me and wants to see them live, they'll be at some cafe soon so just hit me up and we'll go.

No comments: