11.25.2009

I Liked It: Five Guys Burgers and Fries

This is will be the first of many positive food reviews (I didn't take any of these pictures, but I chose those most representative of the meal I had).


Yesterday, I went to Five Guys Burgers and Fries for the third time.  The red and white themed restaurant is decorated with sacks of potatoes and complementary peanuts.  Reviews of the burgers and fries are posted on the walls, and a whiteboard near the cash register reveals where today's potatoes are from. The menu is relatively simple, consisting of little (single patty) burgers, and regular (double patty) burgers, as well as hot dogs and fries.  A few of my friends complained about the lack of shakes, but I didn't miss them.  Add-ons for the burgers such as lettuce, tomatoes, and onions are available free of charge, but be careful, as it is really easy to get carried away and overload your burger (something I learned the hard way my last two visits).  It should be noted that the jalapenos available are fresh, and I ended up taking them off of my burger the last time I dined there as they distracted from the taste.  This time, I kept it simple, ordering a little cheeseburger, a large fries, and a regular drink.  Unfortunately, this cost about $11, a little too pricey to pay for on a regular basis.  Burgers are made to order, so there was about a 5 minute wait.  Service was friendly, and the food came in a slightly grease-stained brown bag.  The burger was delicious, the meat juicy and flavorful and the toppings fresh. 


The fries, made from fresh cut skin on potatoes, were crispy and brown on the outside and soft on the inside, a nice departure from the frozen then fried fries found at most fast food restaurants.  The large fries, which cost me $5, came in a gargantuan cup, with an extra scoop of fries in the bag (I definitely would have been satisfied with the regular size fries).

 

Five Guys Burgers and Fries is definitely worth a visit for anyone who enjoys a good burger (though it should be mentioned that the quality of burger from nearby Kopp's is on par with that of Five Guys).

No comments: