11.24.2009

I Liked It: Waking Up



To be honest, I am really surprised that I liked OneRepublic’s new album.  I didn’t really like their singles (“Apologize” and “Stop & Stare”) from their first album, and if I don’t like the two songs I hear from a band that gets most of their plays on top 40 radio stations, I don’t give them another listen.  I made an exception in this case, which turned out to be a good decision.  The band shows an ear for great choruses, and can be easily likened to bands such as The Killers, U2 and Coldplay.  However, the outstanding production of their sophomore effort is the best reason to pick it up.  Unique drum beats, acoustic riffs, and lush string accompaniments create beautiful tracks such as “Good Life” and “All The Right Moves”.  Though some tracks drag on a little, OneRepublic's new, slightly tweaked sound is leaps and bounds ahead of their first outing, with great melodies and interesting lyrics creating a very nice album.


YES!!
 All The Right Moves,  Good Life, Marching  On, Secrets, Everybody Loves Me
No.
Waking Up, Lullaby, Missing Person 1 & 2

No comments: