5.30.2010

Listen To This: Familiar Faces

If you've ever seen me use an iPod, you would know that it's a truly chaotic affair. I'll shuffle through 10-20 songs looking for the one I want to listen to right now, repeat a track thrice, or just go into the library and choose the song myself. Because of this, there are many songs that get on my iPod and remain unlistened to. This particular track is off of Rhymefest's Dangerous: 5-18 mixtape, and I've impulsively skipped it countless times because of the spoken intro on the mixtape version.  However, I finally gave it a listen today, and it's pretty dope.  The sample of Gary Jules' cover of Mad World really fits well with the song's vibe. I also elected to include another choice cut off Dangerous: 5-18, Bad Self, which is an awesome, upbeat, soulful joint.  You can also check out an interesting B.o.B cover of MGMT's Kids as well as the final (but still boring) version of Shut It Down by Drake.

















Rhymefest- Familiar Faces


Rhymefest- Bad Self ft. Rahzel, Large Professor

Rhymefest- Dangerous: 5-18 [MIXTAPE]

BONUS!:



No comments: