1.07.2010

I Liked It: KiD CuDi 1/6/10



Kid Cudi ruined my week.  And I mean that in the best way possible, because after that crazy concert, everything else just seems boring.  I have officially decided that concerts are pretty much the best way to spend your money, because you can't put a price on the fun and craziness of a good concert.  This concert, at The Rave in Milwaukee, was sold out and packed to capacity. Chip the Ripper opened, and did fine, although I could not understand a word he said (granted, I probably would have enjoyed his set more had I been more familiar with his music).  After he finished, there was a torturous 30-45 minute wait until Cudi came out.  As soon as he entered the stage, the crowd went crazy, and stayed crazy the whole night.  Cudi performed a mixture of old and new songs, ranging from Man on the Moon (The Anthem) off of his first mixtape through his latest recording, Memories.  I was going crazy along with everyone else while Cudi worked through his entire catalog, performing every one of my favorites except for The Prayer.  Cudi even gave us an acapella preview of a song from his next studio album, Cudder: The Revolution of Evolution, the full title of which was revealed for the first time. The only negatives were the abundance of young high-schoolers (most of which I suspect only came because they thought it was the cool thing to do and/or decided they wanted mommy and daddy to buy them tickets after hearing Day 'n Nite on Kiss FM) and haze of pot smoke which hung in the air.  All in all, the concert was an incredibly enjoyable experience due to Cudi's talents as an engaging entertainer. Next time Kid Cudi comes to town, get your tickets early, because they'll be going fast.

He's drinking apple juice....


photos "courtesy" of The Rave (I stole them)

1 comment:

Wink Daddy said...

A couple acquaintances of mine saw you there and said, quote: "I didn't realize Tanner knew so much about music." I of course spread the word about the blog. Also, I don't know if you like Vampire Weekend or not, but their new album kicks ass.