3.24.2010

Listen To This: Excuses

This is a phenomenal single from California band The Morning Benders from their newest album, Big Echo.  The strummed guitars and two part harmonies remind me of early Beatles, while the lush production reminds me of later Beatles.  I don't, however, want to put The Morning Benders in The Beatles' shadow because they are a great band in their own right.  I can honestly and confidently say that this is one of the best new songs I've heard.

Also, I've partnered with Amazon's online store in order to monetize the blog without cluttering the page with obnoxious ads.  Every time you buy a song via a link on the blog, I get a small cut of the profits.  It's the same price as on iTunes, so it would be fantastic if you chose to take this route and buy from Amazon through me instead.


BONUS!!:
The band also channeled their inner Phil Spector in this live orchestra backed version of Excuses. 

No comments: