3.04.2010

Listen To This: Open Road

If you like the stuff I've been posting in the past, you might not like this song. Conversely, this may be the only song that I've posted so far that you like.  Anyway, I like it, so I get to post it because I'm the boss.  I discovered this song via thesixtyone, and was instantly taken in by Matthew Mayfield's emotional vocals and deep lyrics.  Enjoy.


In the next few weeks, I will try to post a little bit more music like this (or even more poppy), because in my opinion pop music (not on the radio) is returning to the level of quality present in the 60s and 70s (maybe not, but it's still good).  Of course, I only started listening to this kind of music like a month ago (4 months if you count Phoenix, but that was the extent of my listening), so I'll probably be posting songs that are old news to people who keep up with this music.  However this blog is about me (conceited?) and as my music taste continues to evolve, so will the blog.  Bear with me and enjoy the music (and maybe start commenting a little if your name isn't Wink?).

4 comments:

Wink Daddy said...

I comment everyday you asshole

Tanner said...

Haha comment clearly directed at everyone else besides you haha but I changed it in the post.

Mike Napoli's Forearm Tattoo said...

Props for expanding the music that this blog covers. And I have to be at least a distant second to wink in commenting. Keep it up!

mcmb03 said...

i make at least 1 comment every 5 posts or so.. haha.. here's my comment for the next 5 :P