3.07.2010

Listen To This: Two Weeks

I've been listening to indie like crazy trying to figure out what I like. Surprisingly, I haven't yet found the incredible volumes of amazing music which I expected.  I found some songs to have lyrics that I found to be overly pretentious, and other songs were just plain weird.  There's a sweet spot in my mind that a song has to hit in order for me to keep listening to it.  Here's one example by Grizzly Bear which combines harmonized vocals and a Beatlesque piano riff to create a great feel-good track. Also the video is weird, but sweet.  This is the kind of song I am looking for, so if you know any similar songs feel free to shoot them to me in the comments. 


BONUS: The Hood Internet - Two Weeks Of Hip Hop

2 comments:

Mike Napoli's Forearm Tattoo said...

I completely agree with your view on indie music which is why I guess I keep listening to more and more music from the 60s and 70s. Monsters of Folk who released their debut album last year are a band you should definitely check out

mcmb03 said...

i haven't listened to indie for a while but you could try this site out..

http://www.liveplasma.com/

It's basically a really cool and extensive music/movie tool to find similar artists/directors/movies.

It's pretty new, so I'm sure it still has a long way to go.